2015 Club Championship
The club will be running its championship again this year, intended to include as many members as possible, and structured in such a way that all have a chance of picking up a prize (if they choose to enter). Alongside friendly competition, another objective of the Championships is to see as many Ripon Runners as possible promoting the club in races on the roads and tracks of North Yorkshire and beyond.
- A competition with points for performances in races over a variety of distances between 8K and marathon during 2015.
- Handicap system makes adjustments for age and gender (age at 1 January 2015).
- Minimum of six races from the qualifying list to be entered (if you would also like to include a marathon that has not been specified, you may do so). In the past, the qualifying races have been biased towards 10k races. This year members can choose ANY SIX RACES – COVERING ANY DISTANCES. As the results are based on your own personal performance in relation to the winner’s it doesn’t matter whether you are running a marathon or an 8k race.
- Members must choose to opt in if they wish to compete – no automatic opt in.
- There is no deadline for opt in… you may join the championship at any point in the year (just have a list of any retrospective races with times you want to be included).
This year we will be once again using the World Masters Athletic (WMA) age grading factor to determine the standard of your performances. Age graded percentages are the most objective way of comparing performances across a range of ages.
Your time will firstly be age graded using a factor that is particular to both your age and sex and that adjusted time will be calculated as a proportion of the winner’s time and indexed by 100 to give a score. The better your performance (compared to the winner), the higher your score.
So, on the results table, you will see your time for the race, and an event score based on your time in relation to the winning time. The better your result, the higher your score. If you choose to enter more than six races, the top scoring six races will count towards the championship. Happy running everyone!!
Jill Holt – Championship Administrator (Any questions, just give me a shout!!)